Many artist started drawing objects and usually by the use of pencil, while others use oil pastel. Now, we are going to take still life lessons to learn the best way to know and practice the basic techniques of both drawing and painting. The good thing in studying still life lesson is that the drawing and painting skills that you learn can be applied to any subject in art.
The following are the essential art lessons that you’ll learn from this training:
- The basic techniques in drawing and painting.
- The use of different art media such as pencil, chalk pastels and oil pastels.
- A step by step way of creating a still life drawing.
- A step by step way to establish tone and color.
- The qualities that make up a good composition.
STILL LIFE: Definition
Still life is a form of art that deals with the drawing or painting inanimate objects including fruits, flowers, and household things that are typically arranged and placed on at table or a shelf. For different reasons, artists make still life paintings which include reflecting an owner’s status, an expression of abstract properties of visual things or capturing a temporary beauty of natural objects.
So, what are the benefits of practicing still life drawing?
- It develops and enhances natural level of drawing skill.
- It also enhances your observation and your ability to create shape, color, tone, pattern and texture in different art media.
- It also gives us the knowledge to create a good composition. The composition includes the interaction of the objects the space around the objects.